The government has introduced a number of changes to the Non-Domestic RHI regulations, effective from 12th February 2015.
These changes are summarised below:
- Changes to the biomethane tariff: A new tiered tariff is applicable to producers of biomethane, affecting only those whose date of registration is on or after the date the amended regulations came into force on 12th February 2015.
- Changes to ‘properly insulated’ requirements for overground and underground piping
- Removal of the scheme eligibility criteria to demonstrate that a biomass boiler has been designed and installed to use solid biomass as its primary fuel source
- Changes to Biogas and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) requirements
- Enhanced enforcement powers, increasing clarity across our key powers such as temporarily and permanently withholding payments.