grants & funding
Ambient Heat Network
What is an Ambient Heat Network?
The proposed funded solution is called an Ambient Heat Network (sometimes referred to as a 5th generation heat network) using ground source heat pumps. With an Ambient Heat Network, each property has its own individual heat pump which provides 100% of the heating, hot water and cooling. It is connected to a borehole heat source array, which circulates at an ambient temperature to avoid wasteful heat loss to the environment.
- Individual, small ground source heat pumps within each house
- Energy from the boreholes is distributed to each heat pump
- Shared borehole heat source funded, owned and operated by us
The benefits of a Ground Source Ambient Heat Network angle-right
- No need for expensive, pre-insulated pipe and no hot water circulation(legionella risk) angle-right
- Easy integration similar to other utility infrastructure angle-right
- Active cooling is available from the Ambient Heat Network angle-right
- System runs at lowest temperature at all times, significantly increasing the efficiency angle-right
- Heat pumps and hot water storage are owned by the homeowners
Considering the Ambient Heat Network?
Get in touch for an initial consultation with one of our experts
Certified and accredited by the most prestigious institutions
We are MCS accredited, RECC members, SMAS accredited (recognised by SSIP), and all our operatives carry the necessary health and safety qualifications to carry out their work.